Who we are
We represent Canada’s transportation fuels industry. Our members are the companies who process crude oil into essential products like transportation fuels and get those products to market. Our sector contributes over $5 billion to Canada’s GDP each year and employs more than 117,000 Canadians at 16 refineries, 76 fuel distribution terminals and 12,000 retail and commercial sites. One of our prime goals is to help our members meet the environmental policy objectives of government and expectations of Canadians without compromising their access to a secure, reliable and competitively priced fuel supply.
We have a track record of over 30 years working productively with governments and are recognized by governments across Canada as the ‘go-to’ source of industry information and technical expertise.
What do we do?
We keep the lines of communication open – between industry and government (federal, provincial and municipal) and also among industry, its stakeholders and public. With a focus on environment, health and safety policy and regulation, we work to promote meaningful discussion around policy choices, their benefits and their unintended consequences.
Above all, we offer access to advice, information and analysis in order to help drive informed policy decisions.
What does that mean for you? It means you’ll find the information you need for an informed, balanced view of the issues:
Let’s start with some facts:
- Getting around learn about transportation fuels, ‘green’ alternatives and more
- Fuel markets read about the factors behind fuel prices
- The industry find out who gets fuel to the pumps and how
- Environmental stewardship learn what’s being done, and read about the goals and challenges
- Health and safety read about the measures in place to keep workers and the public safe